It is not possible for me to do an all comprehensible list of when you need to see a counselor, but below I have just compiled a list that may guide you in when to do so.
Symptoms that may be warning signs you need to see a mental health professional
- Excessive worrying or feeling sad for more than two weeks
- Confused thinking or problems concentrating and forgetfulness
- Extreme mood changes that impact negatively on relationships
- Feeling irritable or angry for long periods of time
- Withdrawing from people, other social activities and avoiding friends
- Difficulties understanding or relating to other people
- Changes in sleeping habits
- Difficulty perceiving reality (delusions or hallucinations)
- Abusing substances like alcohol, drugs or tobacco
- Multiple physical ailments without obvious causes
- Thinking about suicide
- Inability to handle daily activities/tasks
- Eating too much or too little
- Fighting more with friends and family or yelling
- Considering harming others
- Feeling fatigued with low or no energy
- Feeling hopeless and helpless like nothing matters
- Experiencing unexplained physical pain and aches
- Feeling unusually worried or scared
- Ruminating; Having persistent thoughts and memories you can’t get out of your head
- Losing interest in previously loved activities or hobbies, even sex
- Impulsivity or making rashed decisions
- Finding it hard to make decisions
Sometimes talking to a friend or family member helps but sometimes, you need professional help to overcome.
If you need to speak to a professional counselor we are available at TNR CT.
Whatsapp: +2761 853 0124
You can also follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Linkedin.